Union Bank first opened in 1937, located at 801 Dwight Ave now known as Southcross.
J. C. Everett first mayor of South San Antonio
1926 Map South San Antonio 1934 Map South San Antonio
Picture of the American Legion Post 399 – Date Unknown
Photo of former South San Baptist Church during the 1940’s. Now called South San Filadelfia Baptist Church.
The Freemasons Lodge consisted of the first floor with a meeting hall on second floor. The Family Department Store took up bottom corner of building.
South San Antonio’s vicinity to the Kelly Air Field allowed for a dedicated transportation line. Below is a bus for the South San Antonio line.
Some time after annexation Main Street became Dwight St and then finally W. Southcross.